- About the College
Nagpur veterinary College was established on 1st July 1958. Late Hon,ble Shri Y. B. Chavan, the then Chief Minister of the Govt. Of Bombay inaugurated this college in the convocation Hall of Nagpur University. The college was named as Nagpur Veterinary College, on the similar line as Bombay Veterinary College. Initially the Departments of Anatomy, Physiology and Animal Husbandry were established and then other departments in phases were established. In 1968 this college was affiliated to Nagpur University and the administrative control was with the state department of Animal Husbandry.
Pillars of the College
Dr. Narayan P. Dakshinkar is one of the senior most faculties of Nagpur Veterinary College. He is a renowned personality in the field of Veterinary Clinical Medicine known for his outstanding performance and high quality professional contribution. Dr. Dakshinkar is currently serving as Head Clinics, Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complex.
Prof. A. K Misra graduated (BVSc & AH) from Mathura Veterinary College in 1979 and obtained MVSc and PhD degrees in Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics from the same college in 1981 and 1996.
- ext title 2
- No Data.